Monday, February 05, 2007
i'm back....


I'm back. I'm not using myspace for anything in particular but keep getting emails about me posting somewhere. Apparently someone thinks my life is entertaining? :) ha! Busy!




Lets see.. anything new?? Hmn.. no not really... Just the usual work, school and family....




Schools going well actually. I'm pretty happy about it... I guess, as happy as you can be when you are an adult going back to school. Here's the lowdown.....




1. Spanish - B - blah! Do not take online but overall its going okay.. I have a High B and that is after 3 tests. I've been working really really hard to keep up with that class. Unfortunately not as hard in the other classes because this one is so time demanding. It would help if I could figure out what the homework is too. There are three places to check and often do not match. I think he's got that figured out. I haven't even looked at the assignment page today. I'm taking a break. Okay, so what if I studied until almost 1am this morning.. I consider day as in daylight!




2. The Novel - A - I love this class. I thought I would hate how much there is to read etc but so far I've really enjoyed the conversations with my classmates. The books are not what I would have chosen to read but they are classics and something I should read so why not? The book we are on now is The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot. The work is massive but so far its been worth it - well I guess its all worth it since it is getting me towards my goal - graduation!




3. Art History III- A- Who would have thought I would love Art History?? I've taken all of the classes RSU has to offer on Art History. I swear I should have been an Art History major. Seriously....




Those were the online classes and this semester has been a bit rougher than anticipated for the online aspect... Below is what I actually take on campus....




4. Capstone -A- This is my senior capstone class where I have to write that huge paper and put together a project. We do a lot of round table discussions etc. I am glad I took this class on campus I am getting so much more out of it. The paper? Yeah, I have to start that damn paper. It's due at the end of the month. But hey, I work well under pressure!




5. Horror Lit aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer - A- What can I say? I love Buffy. Right now we have speakers coming in each week. We have four books to read (already done) 1 research paper and 1 book review. How can you not like this class? The last class discussion was great. It was about the soul and on BtVS the 'code' for lack of better word is "no soul = evil" well how is that true? I see that with the Angel/Angelus line but it does not hold true for Spike who is my favorite character. He does good without his soul and then continues to do good even after he regains his soul - he worked for that whereas Angel didn't, his was thrust upon him. However, Spike is never seen as part of the Scooby gang or accepted by it even after he got his soul back -something that the group 'thinks' he needs.... Anyways.. I could go on... But I won't.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home